- Meet your CEU requirements at a reasonable price (KSHA member discounts on annual conference and other KSHA events)
- Resource for related legal information
- Collaborate and network with fellow professionals
- Career opportunities through website & networking
- Referral source for consumer education on website
- Become a leader and advance the profession
- Regulatory & legislative advocacy efforts on your behalf
- Find a job
- Apply for a scholarship
- Meet your future mentor
- Learn best practices in all aspects of profession
- Help determine your special interests
- Expand your professional network
- Advocate for your profession
- Access to affordable CEUss
- Collaborate and network with all tiers of profession
- Access to statewide job resource website
•Membership in KSHA provides you with access to a cadre of professionals who can provide resources and information to help guide you through your most pressing professional challenges.
• Network with hundreds of peers.
• Attend continuing education events right in your local area! KSHA hosts regional events that provide opportunities to meet your colleagues throughout Kansas—an event is happening near you!
• Volunteer at the state level. Serve on committees, task forces, Executive Board, or at the annual convention.
•Participate in continuing education events throughout the year—all available to you at a discounted member rate. These events provide KDADS-approved hours for your state license and ASHA CEUs, as well as AAA and approved hours for maintaining hearing aid license.
• Receive a member discount to the KSHA Annual Convention—the largest event for speech-language pathologists, audiologists, and students in Kansas.
• KSHA’s website contains a wealth of information regarding additional events throughout Kansas.
• Support legislative and advocacy efforts related to your profession.
• KSHA advocates for speech-language-pathologists, audiologists, and speech-language pathology assistants at the state and national level.
• KSHA members have testified at the Capitol in Topeka and have served as subject matter experts for Kansas legislators and policy makers involved with legislation/regulations affecting your profession.
• Each year, KSHA holds a Legislative Day to promote awareness and visibility of speech and hearing-related issues.
• Receive to the Connection, KSHA's bimonthly newsletter, available to members only. Each issue provides up-to-date news and information pertaining to your profession that will help you stay up-to-date with news, trends, discussions, and articles related to your profession.
• Receive up-to-the minute news, information, and updates from KSHA via e-mail blast and Facebook
KSHA Membership runs from January 1 to December 31. Share this information with your colleagues!